BA Hons in Combined Humanities
(English and Sociology)
(Dr Usui system of Reiki, levels 1, 2 and 3)
Practises Yoga and Meditation
Clinical Hypnotherapist with Masters Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
Architectural Technologist specialising in Education and Healthcare
Former Primary School Parent Governor
Practises Yoga and Meditation
Who are we?
We are a husband and wife team and parents of two wonderful boys. Our passion is helping people with Mental and Emotional Well-being, especially children and young people. We bring this passion, and experience from our work with adults, voluntary work in schools and work within the Autistic Spectrum to our resources.
- Worked in Architecture and Design since 1987, managing teams, projects and budgets in Healthcare and Education
- Running my own Architectural Design Company Since March 2013
- From 1999 to 2002 owned and managed a Complementary Therapy Centre and Shop
- Qualified as a Clinical Hypnotherapist (Masters Diploma), using Hypnotherapy, EFT and NLP in 2007
- Former parent governor at our local primary school for 5 years, including being link governor for SEN and Head Teacher well-being and involvement in annual budgets
- For 5 years volunteered at our local primary school on a regular basis, writing and developing Chilled Children
- Volunteered in the specialist Autism Unit called “The Base”, which contributed towards the creation of Chilled for Autism
- Volunteered at Forest School
- Volunteered as a football coach for 5 years
- Delivered teacher training sessions in schools and CPD’s for the teaching unions in the field of Mental and Emotional Well-being and Teacher Stress
- Worked in several areas of finance within a local bank including work with management setting up corporate business accounts
- Worked in finance at Essex County Council Social Services
- Personal Assistant to Management within Children and Families for Non-County Placements, for children with and without disabilities
- Worked as a civilian within Essex Police working in Personnel, Intelligence including Crimestoppers and then for Witness Liaison
- Volunteer reader in school, from Nursery to year 1 for 4 years
- Trained and volunteered in Forest School
- Volunteered for a number of sessions in schools for staff Well-being.
- Now working with clients on an individual basis as a Reiki Master for a wide range of issues
We have also both worked with staff and patients in the NHS on Well-being days
We initially wrote Sleeepy Storiezzz for our own children in 2011. After running a sleep workshop at our local school, they asked us to write something to help the children in the classroom. This led to us writing Chilled Children and then Chilled for Autism, after working on a voluntary basis in their specialist unit. We met Claire Young from School Speakers at our son’s school, who introduced us to Christina Gabbitas (Poems & Pictures Ltd). She later became our publisher. Chilled Children and Chilled for Autism were published in December 2016. Chilled Children reached the final of The People’s Book Prize in 2017. Sleeepy Storiezzz The Magic Jungle is an illustrated book with an audio CD, designed to help young children who have sleep issues. This was published in July 2017 and has been nominated for The People’s Book Prize in 2018.
Our Unique resources are based on Mindfulness, Meditation and Clinical Hypnotherapy. There are huge benefits to using these techniques with children and young people. Our belief is that all children and young people should have access to these, as part of their daily routine. This would benefit Physical, Mental and Emotional Health, Concentration, Alertness, improve Learning and provide children and young people with tools that will benefit them throughout their life.